Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Nineteen Make it This Monday – And Possible Ladder Challenge
New friends made, progress on the future website made, and chess was played!
We welcome new players Tom H., Dale K. and Elliot K. Glad to meet all three of you. Welcome to LCCC.
Discussions were held concerning a possible Ladder Challenge enhancement to our weekly chess games. Here are some rules that other clubs use to run their matches.
Take a look and comment with any improvements, inclusions, subtractions or suggestions to this possible weekly challenge. Remember, this is only a DRAFT!
1. The Ladder Director (LD) is responsible for the updating the Ladder at the end of each week.
2. The decision of the LD on all Ladder games and issues is final.
3. All club players will be put in the ladder. New players are automatically placed at the bottom of the ladder. Members are NOT required to play in the Ladder Challenges.
4. Time Controls for Ladder games; - G/10 minute to G/60 are acceptable time limits for ladder games. If the two players cannot agree on a time limit, then G/30 is the standard. Using clocks is optional if both players agree to not use them.
5. For Ladder matches, touch-move is in effect.
6. CHALLENGES:- You may challenge any player above you within 3 rungs,
a) You cannot play consecutive matches against the same opponent.
b) All valid challenges (listed with date and time of challenge) must be accepted and played within two weeks (the week of the challenge and the next 2 weeks) or a forfeit of the higher rated player is declared. If multiple challenges are made to a player on the same day, a week is added for each additional challenge. Players are not required to play multiple challenges on the same night.
c) If this is the first time you have played each other, colour will be determined by lot. If you have played the opponent before, colours should be alternated.
d) If the challenger wins the match, the players swap ladder rungs.
e) If the challenger loses or draws, there is no change in the ladder positions.
f) If a match has been arranged in advance, players must notify the LD of the date and time.
g) If a player cannot find a player in the next three rungs, he may challenge the next player up that is available.
a) Failure to accept or play a valid challenge within the rules will constitute a forfeit and result in a win for the challenger.
b) For every 3 weeks of Ladder inactivity the player will drop down one rung.
c) After 12 consecutive weeks of inactivity, the player is removed from the ladder.
d) All infringements of rules as deemed by the LD will result in forfeit of match.
e) If you will be unable to accept challenges for a period of time, then notify the LD. When doing so please give an estimated return date when requesting a ladder position freeze. The LD may grant ladder “freezes” when deemed necessary.
8. RECORDING OF RESULTS; Once a match is over, the winning player is responsible for filling in the Results Sheet. Players must be aware of their appropriate change in their rung positions on the ladder.
Blogmaster Note: Suggestions and reactions please!